Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Sooooo....

The Lolster was happily kicking away at my placenta-buffer today on the screen. Well.... YA COULD KICK HARDER, THAT'D HELP! It seems it's grown across the entire front of my belly now, hence suddenly not being able to feel anything in there. So, to you, Lolly, I say: please position your size 7's on either side of your little home and practice your kicking there. Doooon't do it against mummy's front because otherwise she might go a little bit of crazy. That's my Lolly.

And on an entirely different note, I just need to get out: no matter what decisions are being made on behalf of little people in my life and in Steve's life right now, out of their control, I will never stop trying to contact them. I think any parent who, for whatever reason they think valid (when child endangerment is obviously not an issue), could suddenly deny their children contact with people who were previously very much in their lives, need to take a long hard look at the selfish reasons why they are doing it. It's not me who is hurting. It's them. Of course, I'm sad to not see them anymore, but I just wonder how it could possibly be justified to small children...... They will work it out for themselves one day, just like we had to. So disappointing that the mistakes of past generations appear to have reared their ugly heads again. Glad I'm not responsible for making the decision to cut ties, because I know I would never do it to my children, unless I feared for their physical safety.

At any rate, it's a sad reflection on the selfish and mental state of the decision-maker who's denying them access to us....

No comments: