I just breathed out a sigh that made flags flutter in Belgium. After holding my breath for the past 11 months (how long have I known I'm pregnant? oh, ok, I thought it was longer, it feels like bloody years already), make that 3 weeks, I finally found myself lying flat out like a lizard next to that most lovely of machines - no, not Dr Unflappable, I mean the ultrasound machine.
A few minor adjustments to the clarity of the picture and some nervous chit chat about Fiji and something about my hair fizzing up like Mike Brady in Hawaii.... and voile! A heartbeat!
Jubjub is barrelling along, thank you very much. Size is about 2 days behind for dates - to which I say, PAH! and do a dismissive wave with my hand. So as of today, we're 6wks 1day (this is more a note to self, as I get lost with all these gestations dates and end up going with "I'm due in July" if anyone asks how far along I am).
The next hurdle is in two weeks. The next ultrasound. On December 22nd. Not a fantastic date, as this was the exact date last year that I had my first scan with that poor little bubba who didn't have all the goods to make it. I do hesitantly say, though, that it looks so far, so bloody good with this one. This next scan will be used to again measure if size for dates is accurate, and of course by then it ought to be a bit more interesting.
5 comments:
You know, I think I felt that sigh of relief way up here...;)
So happy to hear that all is looking good.
Jubjub, keep on growing..:)
Excellent progress, Jubjub. Now just keep doing more of the same!
Jubjub r0x!
So glad to hear that all is well so far. Wishing you all the best for the next scan and the next and the next.....well you get the picture anyway.
And I believe that congrats are in order for a heave........Jubjub you delightful rascal. xx
Post a Comment