Thursday, December 15, 2005

Say 'Estelle' louder for me

No matter how many times over the years I've explained that it's pronounce Estee Lauder... you forget and call it Estelle Louder. I think you have genuinely forgotten the correct way to say it, I surely hope you have because it'll be a shallow early grave for you if you're trying to shit me, especially now.

And I understand a grown man of your high intelligence doesn't have the need nor the headspace to retain this information; after all, how many times will you need to mention the brand name of a perfume and makeup empire in your daily life? Not many.

Still..... one last time. ES-TAY LOR-DER. 'kay? Oh, and while we're at it, those things, on palms and ferns: they're FRONDS. Ok? Fronds. Not FRONGS. That sounds like a cross between a frog and a pair of Occa footware.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL @ 'Frongs', that's fantastic!

Anonymous said...

I would take "frongs" any day over my significant other's fondness (ha, frongness) for dropping entire syllables to make speech "more efficient". Mandatory is pronounced mandry.

Anonymous said...

Well, you know in my house that frongs means a double plugged plastic form of footwear, or a gstring. Be thankful. You cant be a Mensa grad, be married to you and know Estee Thy Name Is Lauder.