Wednesday, January 25, 2006

"How 'bout Buddhism?"

It's a widely known fact to those who have endured me for years in real life, but a little known secret on the www, that I am a movie-tv-line-oholic. If there were M-TVL Anonymous meetings, I'd have to go.

Obscure lines from dumb movies - point in case, the title of this entry (where's it from? Anyone? Anyone? Vooodoooo economics...).

On another note, my last few entries of baaaad tv also prompted this list of flashbacks from a friend:

Werewolf
Masquerade
Cover Up (with that Jon-Eric Hexum guy who died when playing Russian Roulette)
Dark Shadows (the remake)
C.H.O.M.P.S
C.H.I.P.S.
The Littlest Hobo (there's a voice, that keeps on calling me...)
Grizzly Adams
BJ and the Bear

Tick, tick.... can't say I know Cover Up .... tick, tick, yep, tick ..... and to this I would like to add the even more obscure:

Manimal

The Tomorrow People
Hollywood Beat
and Monkey, not that you could call that one obscure..... (the power of Monkey wazzzz.... IRREPRESSIBLE)

I loved Manimal. I think I also had a crush on that guy too. Geez, apparently I wasn't fussy.... did you see his photo? He could change from a man into a raven, into a panther..... yeah!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you like Monkey, check this out.

http://www.ewtoo.org/~matt/monkey/sounds.htm

It's got the theme song and everything.

Had me bopping away :oP

Hugs
Dani

Anonymous said...

Manimal! Manimaaaaaaaal! Years ago (before IMDB) my parents kept trying to convince us that Manimal was played by Timothy Dalton. I said no way, the actor was Simon MacCorkindale. The bet was $50. Despite presenting evidence, my parents never paid up.

Remember how Manimal would make his fist one way to be a panther but claw his fingers out if he wanted to be da bird?