Every time we have pizza made at home, Steve prides himself on making "the best". You may recall he's like this with toasted cheese sandwiches too (not to be confused with cheese on toast) - a certain one-time backpacker could confirm this.
Over the years, Steve has not only perfected the topping side of things and settled on a crackingly good fresh dough base, he has also perfected the now obligatory pizza-making theme music. I don't know the name of this tune (sadly, I even googled "pizza music" but I couldn't find it, strangely enough), suffice to say it is hummed like this:
S: *with much gusto and sudden over-abundant masculinity* Yut da-dut dah-dut dah-dahh, de-yut da-duddilly dahh.....
The contrast of this with the accompanying hand actions is so funny, when the hand actions involve the intricately delicate placement of chicken, pineapple, little champignon mushrooms and the likes.
If only he'd try to throw the stiff, pre-made pizza base in the air and pummel it unnecessarily as well, then I might just mistake him for authentic Italian after all.
No comments:
Post a Comment