Current observations are as follows:
• Have been madly cleaning off shelves and dusting and scrubbing and patching and painting. Most clearance (Clarence) has to be stored somewhere and seeing as we like to spread out our storage, we've had to store our stored.... stuff.... in a storage facility. To make room for the stuff we need to store. Away. If you know what I mean.
• When the hell did I think the Dawsons Creek soundtrack would be quite acceptable to pay money for? No wonder I found it stashed somewhere I didn't want to see it for a very long time.
• When decluttering your home in readiness for sale, there really are very few places to store your Grandfather's prized ceramic Clydesdale horse and gypsy caravan ornament (when you're talking, like, a half a metre long thing, but it may as well be a fecking life-size replica when you're trying to hide it)
• I may very well just have to smack my husband in the head. No reason really. Just the usual.
• We are GO for 'on the market'. And no, you can't see any pics (please cast your minds back to various stalkers, etc., who like to poke and prod - just don't have the emotional stamina right now to deflect the barbs).
• See previous point for reason why I cannot, until it's taken off the internet, show you photos of the new cute as a button little place we've nabbed. They will come though! Promise (sorry, Dan!).
• Sight you don't want to see when rushing about, heading out for swimming lesson and needing to be back in time for appointment with listing agent: both dogs standing looking rather forlorn over separate piles of (I can only assume) their own vomit. How they did it in unison, like some bizarre Virgin Suicides-style pact, absolutely beats me, but I'm impressed. Torn. Do I stay and clean? Or do I race off and attend later?
• Answer to previous point: they're dogs. They'll clean up after themselves. Especially (rather, only) when it's vomit. And if you have a Jazz-brand dog (ie. eats an-y-thing), she'll even lick the concrete clean for you too.
• We have our first open day in one week.
• The board goes up after next weekend (that'll get the neighbours going, although they have been sus on the flurry of activity out the front of our place since Friday, it's the longest time we've spent in front of our house in years).
• I have precisely two days before listing photos are taken. If it's not confronting enough that you have your home advertised (anyone who's sold would know that feeling), try being smacked in the face with it on a 10' high board on your front fence..... God I hope there's not a hair out of place. Oh... aren't I allowed to pose with apron 'just so', holding my copy of Home Beautiful? Dang.
No comments:
Post a Comment