Monday, October 01, 2007

She sits

Ladies and gentlemen... the LGBB now sits up on her own (when she roooolly troooolly wants to and don't you be trying to make her repeat it if she doesn't want to).

Since Saturday, we have whooped and cheered and egged her on the three times she's done it. Not that it took that her long... Of course now that her secret is out of the bag (for I have long harboured a sneaking suspicion that she was getting up and wandering over to the cd collection to have a browse and then hurrying back to her stuck-beetle-flailing-legged position before I came back in the room), I am not letting her off lightly. The gloves are off and it has been a battle of the wills.

Though I must go gently on her this week. Final 12-month shot on Wednesday (we staggered them so as not to interfere with this crucial stage in her gross motor development - did I mention how much we love Dr Paulo and will never stray to a local, run-o-the-mill GP ever again, lesson learned?). And the past two days we've had dawn to dusk whinges, culminating this afternoon in the first clear display of the LGBB trying to tell me her head felt like it was going to explode: she smacked her temples (gently) and put her head to the side, aww-fashion, doing a very pitiful pout to boot.

But I digress.

She sits! She sits!!

1 comment:

cjtato said...

Yayyyy Lolly! Clever Girl.

I too have a sneaking suspicion she can do alot more than she's letting on. ;)