Happy birthday, you gorgeous guiding light.
In my thank you's to you, I forgot to thank you for waiting til I'd showered and straightened this thick mane of mine before breaking your waters. I felt very fresh!
You're beautiful. A beautiful soul, so sure and peaceful! Have you finished yet? Is your mission complete? You've been such a force in our lives and your coming catalysed so much for so many, even now 2 years on, that I couldn't possibly recount.
I know you're off up to something because I don't hear from you anymore. Not since September last year, when I felt you RIGHT by me in the middle of the night when I woke to feel the strange sensation of that IVF pregnancy leaving me. You were right there, you know I know you were! Smiling. I'm not sure if you give me strength or just confirm the strength I have in me. I'd like to think it's the latter, because I wouldn't want to rely on you. But, wow, you've continued to open me up to some amazing things. I think the secret is to remain open isn't it, my girl?
I like to think of you as off somewhere, like a young adult who's gone travelling after leaving home. I can imagine you elsewhere in the world, the daughter who is so busy living she never calls home. But the distance and the inability to contact each other doesn't mean we're not connected does it? You chose us, we really are so blessed. We kissed goodbye two years ago but it was also one massive hello. It truly was. You're eternal. You proved to me that we are all eternal, and if we have the ability (because I think you must be a special powerful soul to be so loud!) and yet others still living have the ability to hear us, we sure can live on. I firmly believe that, having shared this experience with you.
I feel very very privileged to claim you. But you're not just mine. I knew that the moment I met you - you were here for everyone, not just us. My God. If only I'd known what that really meant..... lucky I didn't or I would've lost my nerve well before you left again. I never saw you as a baby, I still look at your pictures and don't really see a baby because I know you deeper than that, and I found it difficult to say you were "my baby". You were always Ella in conversations with nurses and doctors. It was uncanny the respect I felt for you, I didn't expect that. And just when I was starting to see you as more vulnerable, you left. It is very beautiful to me.
My darling, I do miss having you here so terribly much it still hurts. But only on this special day do I feel the sorrow. You know we still have work to do, and living, so you're happy in your place and I'm so glad you're there.
Love you more than any keys on a keyboard or words from my mouth could ever express. Just continue to feel it and reciprocate whenever you like.
10 comments:
Happy Birthday dear little Ella!
Happy 2nd birthday Ella! What a gorgeous little tottering munchkin you would have been. I so wish i could've met you. Lots of love, Gilly xx
A big happy birthday to you Ella. Your mum never stops making me cry you know that don't you? You certainly are a special soul and already as a new year is upon us others are waiting in line to meet you and your proud Mum and Dad.
Thinking of you all on this special day.
Happy birthday to Ella.
Beautiful post Kirrily, every word you write shows us how special she is.
Happy Birthday to you dear Ella! Special thoughts for all of you today :)
Happy birthday beautiful Ella! Bet you can't wait to see your little brother or sister! :) Take care wherever you are. Love Sally x
Happy Birthday Ella.
You've made you Mum and Dad very proud and I trust the reason you haven't been in contact is because you are busy helping other Angels find their wings.
Take good care of your mum she is one beautiful lady that needs your guidance at this time. Help your little sibling be strong and healthy so that they can hear all about you.
Rest in Peace.
Chrissy
(Baby~Dreaming)
Just imagine the mischief this little angel is causing, I can literally see it now. What a rare one she is.
Happy birthday dear girl, you live on in the hearts and minds of so many.
Carla
Happy birthday Ella. Kirril, have been thinkign of you.
Happy Birthday, Ella! Every post I read makes me understand why you chose your Mum and Dad as you did. What a wise girl you are.
Post a Comment