Friday, March 10, 2006

A nappy ISN'T a nappy by any other name

Call me crazy, call me a prude... I just can't do the whole nappies-of-a-different-polka-dot thing. The covers, yes of course. They can be jazzied up. But my nappies I prefer white... er, what the? I mean, the ones I am going to use on the baby. So you won't see my kid in rainbow-gingham-razza-mattaz nappies. It's plain white all the way, baby.

Following on from the requests here, I've taken the most exciting (apparently) photo:



Now, these are Tots Bots on the left and Sandy's unbleached on the right. And some assorted plain white PUL covers. Oh, and one blaring polka dot fleece one. I've got two TB red fleece wraps coming which are apparently *nod and thumbs up* ehhxcellent, due to an inspired Ebay win yesterday.

And just so as not to scare off the reader/s who never thought I'd get that far into nappies that I'd dedicate an entire post to them (but I have to admit..... I did swoon when I saw the terry, ashamedly), herewith is the cot. Be sure to suitably "ooh" and "ahhh" at the fitted sheet on the mattress..... cos I whipped it up last weekend. And it's got dogs on it saying Bow Wow and Woof Woof which reduces me to immature giggles every time I see it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww, look at Seymour! Look addim!!

Me said...

Y'know I USED to think that too. But the cloth, it is surprisingly addictive (luckily I sew, so it works out cheaper). I recomend www.nappycino.com and http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ozclothnappies/

Me said...

Crap, I think I lost the end of that 2nd link. Let me know if you want it - you know where to find me :)