Monday, May 29, 2006

A kick and a punch for the end of the month

I had a scan and Ob. appointment today.

Now, I've been a bit in the doldrums over the weekend. Lolly was not being incredibly accommodating because the kicking and tumbleturns had stopped for several days. On top of that, I feel fat. Nay, let me correct that: I AM fat. Except it's difficult to tell the difference between fluid and fat. I meet some people who say to me how "neat" I look and then just one person in the crowd has to say "Gosh you're huge" and I fall into a guilty heap that I'm going to constrict Lolly with all this blubber-fluid. Like when the neighbour who I never speak to - just cos, it's not a standoff or anything - she comes over, dainty and all Kath n' Kimmyish, and says to me, pointing, "Mmmm you're pretty big" in agreeance after I said I felt I'd put on a lot of extras around my face, arms and now legs. I hastily made my goodbyes and came inside and had a teary-fit.

Aaaaanyway, so I was blubbering on the couch *cough*with a bag of raspberry bullets*cough* kind of like, all weekend, just hanging out for my appointment yesterday.

The first thing Dr Luffley said was that I looked wonderful *sob* (he must have a chart of things he has to say before a woman leaves her appointment with him, because I swear, he tells me I look well or 'good' even when I've done my buttons up and missed one so there's a gape in my shirt and I've had only 3 hours sleep and forgotten to brush my teeth). Then, he took a look on the ultrasound monitor after I said I'd noticed the kicking had dropped away and I was hoping it was just because Lolly had turned. First, he said 'What a very sweet face' *sob sob* and showed me that, indeed, little Lollybubble has gone head down and is facing my right side with back curled the height of my left side. Then he said "So let's see if you're right, where do you suspect the feet are?" and I pointed. When he placed the wand at that spot on my belly, there was this big Hang Ten symbol of a foot - a perfect, could-have-been-a-cartoon foot, splayed across the wall of its little home. We watched as two little frog legs then kicked playfully against my placenta on my right side. Hence, I hadn't felt much because it's like kicking into a mattress, I guess.

I can't believe Lolly is bigger than Ella now. I'm finding it really hard to keep trusting we'll be in that room soon and will be staring straight into that lovely face. I don't want to begin to imagine how emotional I will be - I'm not really looking forward to being 'out of control' with all of that.... but I know I will be. So we're just keeping ourselves surrounded by people who we know will support and boost us through this last bit.

Oh my God. This last bit. There's, like...... less than 8 weeks to go. EEEEEEEP!!!!!!!!!

Here, have another funny dressed-up dog (I'm so weak. And they're so hilarious):

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lolly will be lovely, God it's all so exciting Kirril!
Saff x