Saturday, October 07, 2006

Remember the fun we had?

Well, no, I hadn't actually. Not until the most thoughtful gift our girls have ever received arrived for them in the post from K77.

At first, I thought it was a package I was waiting on for LGBB - a set of bath toys - and to be honest, when I pulled the first plastic "bath toy" out, I thought "Dear God, has my judgement clouded over THAT badly that I would buy something that looks like a turd with eyes for my daughter to play with in the bath like that scene from Caddyshack?" (when the Pollywaffle falls in the pool....)

Turns out, it was one the cutest squeaky toys for Jazzmena and Pep. A sandwich and a .... piece of poo with eyes?? I still don't know what it's trying to be. But they loves it all the same. In fact, they squabbled over it. Over both of them.

It was like watching an episode of a bad daytime soap. Here's how it went down:


Jazz chooses the dainty sandwich triangle, Pepper takes on the frightened turd (whom we have nicknamed Simon, after Mr Hanky's son)







Then, as usual, Miss I Wannit All decides she neeeeeds to take Pepper's toy away from her and continues to go forth and do so, hamming it up for the camera and literally rubbing it in Pep's face that she now has BOTH the toys.



So I suggest to Peppy that she might like the toy that Jazz has put aside (the sandwich). Pep siezes her moment and makes a dash to get it.







And Jazz is mortified at Pepper's assumption that she's finished with it.








So she takes it back off Pep.










Who is now very sad.




And I have to convince my big brave old dog once again to stand up for her rights and get her toy back. Or at least one of them.

So she does. Ever so apologetic-like, as if to say "I'm so sorry about all the fuss, poor me, poor me" - a bit like Eeyore would. Or Neil from The Young Ones.


So then Jazz gets the sads.








And the episode ends with Jazz watching on as Pep soaks up the glory and satisfaction of getting her turd-man back.









So. A fun afternoon was had by all. Most of the days now, at any given time of the day, you can find both the new prized possessions on the bed that used to be Pepper's but is now Jazz's. And Jazz sitting guard with them. But see, they're only of true importance to Jazz when Pepper wants them. Without that, their currency is quite low-grade.

A HEEEEUGE doggy-wag thank you to our avid dog-lover friend K77 for being so kind as to think of the dogs. And an even bigger one for sending only the cutest and brightest pocket nappy and home made wipes now in our stash. I'm all inspired to get my hands back on the overlocker now, which I gave back to my friend way too soon..... Spotlight, here I cooooooome....

1 comment:

Me said...

Oh thank you for the photo essay, they are just too cute. I have no idea what turd man is supposed to be, just looked like a turd to me so seemed appropriate for TurdBurglar lol. DS called it "chockwit". My boys love their squeakies.