WTF does that mean anyway? A trip dick? Have I got this quote from National Lampoons Vacation very very wrong?
Aaaaanyhoo, Monday marks the first day of our stay at the Mother and Baby Unit. Me and the LGBB.
I oscillate between thinking I am taking the place of someone more "worthy" and then wishing I was there right now getting anything in terms of new tips/education. I am determined to view it as a week of enlightening tips and facts and whatever I'm not already doing and think may help us, I will take on. Whatever doesn't work I simply won't do when I get home.
At this point in time, I am going to MAKE someone write on my chart that, at least initially, I refuse to be told not to attend to my baby if she is crying. I don't do that at home and I won't do it to her in a strange place. I don't believe at 4 months a baby is learning to be "spoiled" if it cries out in the middle of the night for some reassurance if nothing else.... then again, I don't know what the alternative might be. But I'll be interested to see what other suggestions they have for someone as stalwart as me.
Me and Lolly, we're a team already. I am nervous. Nervous about "breaking" her, about taking her out of an environment she's familiar with here at home, about possibly leaving behind the ONE comfort object which might soothe her.... so many to choose from, so little suitcase space.
Mustn't forget my Women's Weeklies (I have four that were delivered here over recent months, still in their plastic, such is my leisurely life) or my hair straightener. Oh and don't forget the mail and did I put the timer on the living room lights? And and and..... BYE!!
Catch up for an update after the 18th. Oh, and Lolly's photo pages have been updated! She is growing soooooo fast.
3 comments:
I am SO glad you are not going to be told to not comfort your baby. Comfort is just as valid a need as any other IMO. Remember she is YOUR child and YOU know best. It is your job to meet her needs, and that includes comfort. Hopefully the M&B Ctr will not be telling you to to CC but they might, so be ready to fight them as needed. I'm not sure what probs you are having, but there are loads of night time parenting ideas might be better suited to your needs, please PM me on that other site or email me if you want links etc.
*taps fingers waiting for update on sleep school*
So how was the MBU stay? Did they piss you off?
Post a Comment