Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Ok, now you're just showing off

Today we had movement in a forward direction. First time ever, unaided. Don't let the lack of exclamations, bold, large text or flashing lights fool you ... I am giddy with glee, just not in the mood for adornments *yawn*

So it was more befitting for a GI Joe, but the LGBB commando crawled up and back across the living room floor this morning for Steve.

He came in to me as I was getting out of the shower and said, "I feel like I'm training a dog in there, but she's doing it."

Food and water (preferably my water bottle, the "thing of mys-ter-eeee" she always tries to get her hands on) appear to be her main enticements. Forget the interesting toy or book shit. That's for babies. But give the girl a trail of Cheerios and apparently, she'll shimmy there and back unaided.

Oh my God. I feel like my life just opened up another crack. Much like it does when you start dropping breastfeeds and all of a sudden you get *gasp* a whole three consecutive hours you're not physically needed at home!!! It's funny, because just the other night we were reminiscing how we used to tag team comforting Lolly to sleep as a newborn beside our bed, the other of us getting as decent a stretch of sleep as we could. And that decent stretch? Oh, a whole four hours. But it felt like absolute bliss to know you didn't have to attend to any gurgle, grizzle or fart - strange how the body could shut off to get that kip, just knowing someone else would worry about things.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah K - that's just great! Go Lolly go! It looks like she is doing some serious gross motor catching up these days. I'm willing to bet she doesn't take very long to start walking now. Look out! It's all happening at once.

I have to say I love reading your blog. I caught up on a few of your posts this afternoon and had myself a good cry AND a good laugh.

Good for the soul.

Karelle xoxo