Sunday, November 13, 2005

I kid you not

Mz Tato, your wish is my command.....

No sooner did I finish reading your comment than Mr Steve and I were heading out for a coffee and a read of the paper, and to pick up a pump (er, that's not a euphemism, we seriously need a new pump for our toxic fishies). When we hopped in the car, what should be playing? Why, no other than 'Hip To Be Square'! It was a sign! Ha ha ha.

And I have furiously googled Henry Lawson every which way including cryptically (Henry Lawson history biography lily, Henry Lawson water lily poem, blah blah blah..) and it turned up nout but a dozen or so pages on the 1977 musical version of the poem by US folk singer Priscilla Herdman - ratings of which, while lyrically sound, indicate it apparently polarises listeners.

So I'm none the wiser as to what sparked the beautiful poem. But yes, isn't it exquisite?

No comments: