Tuesday, November 15, 2005

One more time for the people at home

The conversation went something like this:
K: "Hey Lenny, I did a wee this morning."
S: "........Y.....e...ssss?"
K: "And, ummm, well I put a stick in there."
S: "And a chair as well?"
K: "YUH! And anyway, a second line came up."
S: "Oh! I see."
K: "So..... I guess I'm pregnant. Again. For now."
S: "Ok. That's good."
K: "Yeah. We shtill goddit." (Gladiaydor!)
S: ".......Mmmm...."
K: "Ok, well then, seeya, bye."
S: "Ok! Yay, bye!"

See? We know the drill. Don't get excited until you see something
moving on an ultrasound. And even then, hope like hell it resembles a perfectly formed baby.


Now, even Mr Steve says he can see this one. I emailed it to him after my buddy group sisters tried to reassure me (adequately of course!) that it's there. So I'm NOT going crazy here, trying to make Jazzmena and Peppy see the second line. It really is there. Holy shit. So it is!

Hokay..... so now the fun reeeally begins. What a bloody long wait. Next step is to see out the week without getting my period. Then I'll look forward to breathing a bit easier if the next whole week doesn't turn up the worst colour in the world on my undies. And then? Well, then we can start planning for the first proper scan to see if measurements look like this little one is the full pail of skittles.....

We're not telling family - we'd rather not worry them unnecessarily, at least until there's something more tangible to tell them than "Kirril wee'd on a stick" - so anyone from my "real life" who finds out by reading here would be reminded to keep this information to themselves.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Am avidly staying tuned for further updates... ;)

Anonymous said...

I just can't stop smiling for you. Fingers crossed, everything is crossed!

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's some supersonic spaceage HPT you got there. Never seen anything like it! The cool result is the icing on the cake, the racing stripe down that supersonic wee-powered HPT ship.

cjtato said...

I've said it before but, what the hell, I'm gonna say it again in here too.

I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU AND MR STEVE!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Luv Mz Tato (LOL)

Anonymous said...

Wow Kirril! I'm so happy that you have achieved the '2nd line' part of the journey. Fingers and toes are crossed tightly...I'll be checking up on you lots!