Friday, June 09, 2006

This is me... in a nutshell

I swear, if Lolly doesn't come out fashioning a dapper scarf, or bearing gifts of macrame pot hangers, I'll be surprised. I swear there is knitting or something similar going on in there at the bottom. And kicking to rival Thumper at the top.

This is so bizarre. I wonder if Ella would have been like this if she'd stayed in or if it's just Lolly's characteristic activity. I mean, Ella kicked and moved, but this baby...... despite getting a very chilled-out vibe from the Lollster, there's certainly much gusto behind those kicks and punches. I get full on lumpy bits, bones, my baby's bones!, rolling over my belly. I can imagine sometimes, when it's obvious a limb has become entwined with another, ankles uncrossing or a shoulder brushing against the inside of my belly.

In fact, I've started to quote that classic Austin Powers line quite often in these moments because I picture little Lolly doing the actions he does, feet and hands up as if pushing against a nutshell.

No comments: