Thursday, June 22, 2006

To dry or not to dry.... THAT is the question

Drying my hair straight is no easy feat. Drying it properly, an even bigger challenge. Especially with arm fatigue in late pregnancy.

Found myself wondering this morning, as I struggled to keep my hands up, 'Should I just let go the straight look now.... or should I squeeze as many days out of my whimpy arms as I can?' More importantly, as today is my last visit to Dr Luffley before he a) goes on holiday and b) quite possibly sees me before Lolly greets the world, am I setting the bar too high?

Like..... after Ella was born, there was not a straight hair in sight. In fact, there wasn't even a dry one. It was simply shower, towel off, pin off face and scarper back to that cot quick smart. And while it's not a look I'm happy to display to the world, there's no real option when you've just had a baby. Despite what others have said to me about "You won't care what you look like when you have that baby in your arms", erm strangely I did still care whether I looked like shite or not - makes me feel better to not look like how I feel sometimes. It wasn't a matter of not caring, per say, it was more a case of 'Can't Do' because there simply wasn't any time.

So.What to do, what to do. I mean, I don't want it to look like I'm not down with the new baby thing by having lovely straight lustrous locks today and then all of a sudden next time he sees me I'm in hospital and I'm looking like the crazy cat lady from The Simpsons who has dozens of cats and only talks gibberish - her hair is a sight.... (but thinking about it, maybe she just can't keep her hair dryer up for long enough to straighten it).

Am I over-thinking this?

And as an aside...
Oh will that FUCKING DOG shut up.

No comments: