Tuesday, December 12, 2006

First kiss

It happened. Right out o' the blue.

There I was, walking her to bed. We were just about to stop at a big picture of Ella sleeping on her tummy (it's one of my favourites) - this is a bedtime ritual we follow now, we have to stop and say "Baby Ella is asleep, it's time for bed" and now she looks for the baby *sniff*, it makes my heart swell and burst - and she did it.

The LGBB turned her face in to my cheek, grabbed my hair on one side and my neck on the other and gave me a big wide-mouthed slobbery kiss. No smacking sound. Just that babyish awkward "I'm sure I do something like...this..." kiss.

Going to go and savour the moment now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwwwwwwww!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Awww bless her beautiful cotton socks!!

Hugs
Dani