The answer is yes. Well, I reckon it is anyway.
How can you have a commercial for the New Dodge High Ridge Bush Bash City Street Dominatorrr in the middle of the Live Earth concerts for environmental awareness?
I've often wondered what kind of global revolt would ensue if the car manufacturers of the world simply stopped churning out "BIGGER! BETTER! MORE POLLUTING!" vehicles that serve no purpose than to extend a man's appendage (in his own mind) and do their bit to deplete the world's fuel resources.
But no. Big Business doesn't have a heart. So it'd never happen. At least, not until it's too late.
I can't really see the drivers/consumers of these sorts of vehicles sitting down and watching Ian Thorpe explain about changing incandescent light globes over to energy-saving fluorescent ones. Once again, the preaching is being done mostly to the already converted.
And the madness continues.
No comments:
Post a Comment