You know, like when The Bradys went to Hawaii and Peter found the tiki at the building site, that made the incidental music guy go crazy with the 'mystical tiki'-sounding piccolo trills?
I'm leaving on a jetplane tomorrow night. Me, Steve and Jubjub∞. We are going to plonk down on a little beach with a little comfy bure (hut) and just..... well I dunno what Steve plans to do, but I wouldn't mind sleeping. For all eternity. And we might chuck in some snorkelling and some island hopping in between. I got my Women's Weekly last week (said in true strine Aussie fashion) and haven't opened it yet, so she's a-comin' with me. I love how at night, Steve is reading the latest on the theory of .... something, and there I am flicking through a Woman's Day. I have to dumb myself down, you see (If only you knew how 'kidding' I was).
The truth is, I am actually going to be doing whatever it takes to keep my mind off the 7 week ultrasound I'll be having the day after we get back. No amount of promising betas can really prove whether this kid is healthy or not. In fact, of course, not even an early ultrasound can determine it definitively. I do believe it's extremely timely that we will be forced to do nothing but spend time with each other on an island that is roughly 1.5km long (and about as wide), given that I really need to concentrate on grounding this little thing.
A very interesting and strange experience occurred to me yesterday whilst in the middle of the Light Ray/Colour workshop I was attending. I came over all cold, was getting chills, and couldn't warm my feet. I ended up with them on a hot water bottle and they were still icy cold. It was only after I got up on the massage table to lay prostrate (with my button undone, oh my, what was I thinking wearing my jeans? I've already popped out like no one's business) that it started settling down, and I started to warm up. I don't like being shivery cold when pregnant, it just feels bad/unhealthy. What was actually happening was a bit of grounding work - I didn't know this until later, after I got up and it was explained to me. While I was lying there, though, I saw her. Our daughter. Not the pushy one (love ya, Ellabubble)! Well... let's just say, I'll be surprised if this is not a girl. A pleasant surprise, of course. No, I just got a glimpse of Steve holding a little girl of 8 months or so and she had unruly hair (heh, must be my kid) and was wearing thick white tights on fat stumpy legs and a dark red tunic with a white skivvy. Oh, how very 70's of me. But how CUTE!!! And he was holding her like she was sitting in a chair. It was all very marvellous. And a huge wave of happiness came over me, over and over. I haven't had that feeling for SO long. I think it's called 'joy'.... true happiness, even.
So I'll be continuing to try and connect with this little one and see where it's 'at'. Strange, I think I was spoiled with Ella. I had such close (and hilarious) contact with her, I could just tune in and there she always was. The rest have always been so hesitate to step forward. And that's what worries me a little if I don't "hear from anyone". So I just have to make myself open, instead of distracting myself with things like work and tv and EB and the rest. I'm not giving anyone a chance to inch their way into my awareness really - it's not that I don't want to, gawd no, I'm just in a habit of filling up my days with crap. And this rest will force me to stop and listen. I'm really looking forward to doing nothing.
Anyway. Enough about me. What do you think about me? ....ahhhh gotta love Beaches. Good old Bette Midler.
Be good while I'm gone. I'll be back in a week. Can you water the plants for me? And feed the fish? Don't worry if the snails get to the basil. I've given up and have acceded it is now a sacrificial offering to the snail daevas. Greedy bastards.
Oh. And just so as you can picture us? Doing all this reading and walking and thinking and eating.... here's where we'll be if anybody wants us:
The Island of Leisure and no tikis
Of course, don't let the sunny weather in the photos on that website fool you. We have checked the forecast and, starting today, we are in for a treat of heavy rain and, oh! my favourite!, thunderstorms by the weekend.... I HATE FUCKING THUNDERSTORMS! So, I'll be a nervous wreck on this idyllic island, ducking under the bed and lighting mosquito coils and cranking up the air conditioner because don't think the rain is fooling anyone - I know it's going to be so steamy, I'll come back 5kg lighter (hey, that'd be handy!) because of the sauna-like effect of the atmosphere. There may be storms moving through but the temp isn't forecast to drop below 30ยบ..... I'm getting claustrophobic just thinking about it...... better pack the Chess and the Scrabble (we can't take Canasta, it is the most threat-of-divorce-inducing game I have ever played with Steve. It's my fault, not his, DAMN now he'll read this and know I admit fault at becoming Mt Vesuvius when he breaks the meld first!!!)
∞ Anyone who watches The Simpsons as diligently as us will know why it was hysterically funny to me that, when I told Steve I was going to name this bubba Jubjub for however long its journey with us lasts, he asked me if I was going to be sticking my head in the vegie crisper..... (Patty - or is it Selma? - has an iguana called Jubjub and she coos to it in that gravelly voice, "Ohhh, Jubjub... mommeee's heeerre")
4 comments:
how lucky you are to have that special esperince with your children! just wonderful. You destination looks fantastic (even with a storm) LOL Have a fabulous time and just relax!
Will miss you Kirril!
Have a fantastic time and I hope you get to know Jubjub a bit more as well.:)
Hope you, Steve and jubjub are having a great time, rain or no rain. The place looks dreamy!
Miss ya!
Make sure you and Steveo enter a talent contest and do a dance to Waterloo on your Hibiscus Island trip!
Post a Comment