I've chosen The Music I'm going to say was "current" the day/year Lolly was born (you know that section in the obligatory Birth Book/First Year diary thing) and will buy the album to give to Lolly.
I am not ashamed to say I am thoroughly besotted with Corinne Bailey Rae. Girl, put your records on. Indeed. Her whole album is just lovely. Call Me When You Get This, Like A Star, Butterfly.... what gorgeous, gorgeous songs! And of course, the aforementioned Put Your Records On, well... we rock out to that daily, me and Lolly (cos Lolly has no choice). I don't think I could ever tire of it (or crying happily to it, well maybe once the hormones settle I won't cry anymore... hnnngh).
Hey, it's better than comemmorating the occasion with one of the real popular current songs... hmmm, let's seeee, we've got Wasabi by Lee Harding (erm, let me think, NOPE), an insipid Delta Goodrem song (ahhh, no) or anything by The Sugababez or Pussycat Dolls (are they still pumping them out?).
1 comment:
What about Shannon Noll's "Lift"?
Post a Comment