Tuesday, June 20, 2006

It's a matter of plumbing

This morning, our early morning banter-before-rising went thus:

K: Dr Luffley goes away this weekend for two weeks.... Lenny, all the things that seemed so far away and that I said "I'll deal with that when it comes" ..... have started to come! My next milestone was to make it to my birthday and that's next week. And the one after that was to get through til Dr Luffley gets back, and that's in three weeks' time.

S: Hey who's replacing him when he's on leave? What's the dr's name?

K: Scott Pearce.

S: Hey! He's not a doctor!

K: Wha'?

S: Nah, Scott Pearce is the guy I deal with at Pipeline Magazine.

K: Pipeline....Magazine. You mean that magazine about the wonderful world of pipes? I still can't get over the fact that there can be enough to say about pipes that'd fill an entire magazine. Every month.

S: Yeah *convincingly* there is. *laughing* I wonder if it's the same guy.

K: *withered look in the dark*

S: Hey I wonder if Dr Luffley put an ad in the paper.... "Wanted: Someone who knows a thing or two about pipes."

K: Well, it's all plumbing, isn't it.

S: Mmm, yeah. Pipes and tunnels.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They have a magazine about pipes?