I nagged for about a week.
"They can't just be any old chocolate stinking lamingtons. They must be pink." If it is possible to crave a colour, I am craving pink things, despite cursing them to damnation at any other time in my life.
So finally, he goes to get them late last night after coming home from another day of print-and-printer-related antics (he works at a printing/design company and heads the art and production departments). The lamington was pure bliss. Pink heaven on a spongey softbed of, well, not so much goodness as evil indulgence.
And just now, after I advised him of a minor hump in my otherwise ordinary day, he called me a "poor girl" and suggested I have a "raspberry lamination". I knew what he meant.
My poor Stevie works so hard.
2 comments:
Have you read Wikipedia's entry for lamingtons? It ends with
"Ironically, Lord Lamington was known to have hated the dessert that had been named in his honour, once referring to them as "those bloody poofy woolly biscuits"."
I'm doing the pink thing at the moment too! I don't know if it's a sign or if it's just because DD is so obsessed with that damn colour even though I have tried to convince her that lime green is far nicer. LOL
Post a Comment