Friday, December 01, 2006

The one song that complemented your formative teen years

For me, it has to be We Built This City.

Ok so I didn't like the way the guy and girl singers had matching mullet frizzes. And I couldn't stand the way she she sings "Cor-pur-ashunnn-games". Ugh.

But come on, with lines like "Who controls the wreckin' ball, into our guita-ARS", how could it not be an anthem of its time (approx. August through to November of '87, granted)?

I recall being morally offended (much like when I had to accept that ABBA was singing about snorting coke) when people started parodying the song and singing "We built this ciddeh on al-co-hol, built this ciddeh...". God I was a prude.

2 comments:

Me said...

ABBA sang about snorting coke? Which song was that?

Simpsonslover said...

I do confess, it was a misheard lyric.... have edited now to direct you to that post *hangs head sheepishly*