Just how much exactly is a breastfeed?
Why, the answer is approximately 5 kilos. Yes, siree, I have noticed a giddying trend south on the scales which coincides with each feed I drop. With no discernible change in diet or exercise. I'm on a winner, baby. Well, actually, for the weight-conscious among us, I suppose that isn't solely true; I have avowed to, wherever possible*, stick to smaller portion sizes and whether this combined with the lunchtime feed for the LGBB being dropped had anything to do with the other, I don't know but think I ought to mention for the sake of full disclosure, if nothing else.
On top of THAT, I dared try on The Jeans** today. A fanciful whim. Two weeks ago, The Jeans wouldn't even do up, let alone look comfortable around the upper thigh area. Talk about camel toe, shit, I had a fucking bloated, too-much-dairy camel toe sticking out down there. And I promised myself that no more, no more would I be so bold as to assume The Jeans would fit for at least another year. But in a move designed to beat myself while I was down this morning, I tried 'em on. And blow me down, they fit. ZOOOOOOOIPP. The zip went up with such graceful ease I had to actually check I had tried on the right pair (for we all know, one pair of jeans only a woman doth not own). And they were. The right pair. The Jeans West (fits best, bweah yeah) Wide Flairs. SHIT!!!!!
Added to this, I've heard almost a year's worth of breastfeeding furphies mostly surrounding the "fact" that "all" breastfeeding mothers lose weight whilst performing the duty, but have also heard worrying reports that you actually gain weight again when you stop. Eeeeek. A sombreing thought for a lass who was a bikkie short of a Magda. Ok, not quite, but I said love, I said pet I said puh-leeese. I see their looks, when they tell me you lose weight when you're feeding... and there's me all puffy to the eyeballs nodding and going "Yuh-huh" like I'm part of the In (skinny breastfeeding mothers) Crowd.
Now, when those skinny minny breastfeeding girls whinny about how their weight dropped off so fast from breastfeeding, I can be quietly smug in the knowledge to hand that my body, at least, is enabling a weight loss heading south juuuust enough to pique my interest and then WHAMMO! When I drop these last two (morning and night) feeds, I will be lookin' spiffy. And they? They will be gaining. And I will be sailing down with a wave and a "See ya! Sucks to be ya!" (I do what I've gots to do, with my still-heavy frame on my side, go with me, people please)
Ok, again, not quite but at least I'll be able to see my feet again without leaning over.
*excluding any meal partaken at a Hog's Breath Café, oh. my. FREAKING. God. The chicken. It's the best.
** The Jeans: those jeans from your former life deemed impossible to be fit back into after childbirth.
2 comments:
Yep. Breastfeeding or not, my body stores all those tasty pregnancy pounds and then, miraculously, as soon as my bub turns 9 months old, they start to drop off effortlessly????
I'm another that doesn't fit the profile of the "in crowd"! LOL
Congrats on the weightloss. It certainly makes you feel good doesn't it?
woohoo! how good is that. Now see if i was you i'd be going and devouring a block of chocolate in celebration :P
Well done!!!
Post a Comment