*harnessing his inner geek and at the point in the conversation where I was reminded that geekdom is never far from the surface, even if it's covered over with staff-speak, pithy side anecdotes about whose birthday was today and recounts of the day's events*
K: But why did you move your old computer in there? I thought the screen on the new was was bigger.
S: Nah but once I installed Teleporter...
K: You don't work across two screens now?
S: *not listening* ...I can move my mouse to the edge of one screen and keep typing in the next.
K: But why?
S: *more to self than me* I want to eventually set eight screens up and work across them in Filemaker.
K: But why?
S: That way, I'll be able to set each screen up on the wall, each with a different run. And colour code them once it's away and...
I think he may still be dreaming. I can hear talking in there. I've walked away.
No comments:
Post a Comment