Friday, August 24, 2007

Cheek

It seems the pattern has repeated again. You'd think I would have got it by now (or at least remember it for next time, next time).

It seems that since our Paed visit, the LGBB has deemed it the right time to throw me and her Dad a bone. Like all the other times, even before she was born, when we've held out and held out, always thinking she'd come good (with whatever) but squealing "Mercy!" at the last minute and turning to something or someone outside of our family unit to adjudicate.

She's done it again. Like a good bluffing poker champion, the LGBB has all of a sudden *mock surprise* started to bum shuffle. In a circle. Always in circles (just like the spinning-on-tummy manouver). I'm happy with a bum shuffle. Even if she doesn't crawl and just gets up and walks - probably will, just to thumb her nose at that health nurse - I'll be satisfied.

On the basis of the evidence we're building up regarding how our little trickster works, Steve and I have agreed we're comfortable now with leaving go any referrals (we are expecting one to a physio and a neurologist) because we just don't think they're necessary - never really did, but it was my fear of leaving it and then something being discovered later that made us pursue at others' insistence.

So if she's not doing anything more significant in two months' time, we'll do the rounds again.

But geeez, the cheeky little minx. She didn't even wait a week to start progressing after the appointments (Lolly says "Tugut-tugut-tuguh" affirmatively over there).

God how I love her.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

woohoo for the bum shufflers of the world, unite!!

and I think she has beaten Miss Amys record of 14 months, yes?*sigh* well done Miss Lolly!

Glad to hear you are taking the 'wait and see' approach with a healthy dose of reassess with a backup plan! And more importantly, you feel okay about that xxx

Anonymous said...

yeehah! There have been many times when I have been at the end of my rope and am about to give up, get help or go mad, when...dare I say it..."miraculously" (ick)..the universe delivers.
KarelleXX