Monday, August 27, 2007

It's a sign!

I love signs. I didn't even see this one coming.

Having researched prices for Gold Bug toggle slippies (that's slippers to you and me, Russ) for some months now, wanting to buy the next size up as Ms Bigfoot, daughter of Mr Bigfoot, grows her feet at an alarmingly Sideshow Bob Terwilliger rate, I gave up the search. I'd start, find no good specials online or in the shops, give up. Repeat every so often until I began to notice them not even being stocked on the shelves anymore. And if they were there, never in the LGBB's size.

Nooooo!

So today. In my inbox I receive an invitation to check my address at a fave online store to gain use of a promotion code that deducts $5 (I'll do anything for a discount, even a measly one) off the total, if you go on to buy anything. A whole 5 bucks! Yee haw.

I browsed around and yada yada yada. Don't need any booties. Don't need newborn swimmers. Don't need..... well, hellOOOOOOOO terry toggle slippies, my best friend because Lolly can't rip you off her feet. And in size 12-18 mth, no less. Why... at this rate, cos y'know I've got $5 off the total and all, I'll even go another pair in the next size up thank ewe very much.

Best part? They're discontinued. That's why they've been disappearing from everywhere. And now I feel all lofty and proud because I bagged me some more. Along with the pair I bought heavily discounted from Toys R Us because the packaging was damaged (pffft! that was apparently worth a $7 discount too, the fools, all of them FOOOOOOLS! I would've paid full price!), the LGBB will be in slippy heaven for the next two years.

No comments: