I think I have unfortunately happened across the most bored GP in the state. And also jinxed myself when replying to a friend's query yesterday about whether I had heard from the doctor lately.
Now, last time she phoned I don't think I mentioned it here. Seemed too blah and unnecessary at the time and so much other stuff was going on. But, and let's not forget I only went to a GP at all to get a bloody referral for the xray and Paed, since seeing her and walking out of her office feeling humiliated and on edge about the LGBB's mental capacity (after the GP claimed she was "concerned" about Lolly's lack of proper words - 'tis true, she STILL cannot recite Tennyson, there must be something wrong), I have had four phone calls from this doctor. Four! Unprompted. Am starting to feel slightly harrassed.
First off, before we'd even arrived home after seeing this doctor, she had left a message on my machine telling me to not make an appointment with the Paed on her referral, but to come back and see her instead after getting the xrays done. I said aloud to nobody after hearing her message, "Bugger that."
Then, after the weekend we went and had the xrays done on Monday. I phoned the doctors' surgery and advised them I'd be collecting the report the following afternoon once the GP had sighted the report and xrays. Fairly standard, right? But next morning, she phones me. Says "Now, you wouldn't have had time to get the xrays done yet - have you had them done? No?"
And I said that yes, we had managed to get in the day before. So without missing a beat she goes, "Well, I have the xrays and report here.... blah blah blah."
Odd. The girl is odd. But what's annoying is, she's projecting her oddness! I feel like she is suspicious of me, as if I don't have the LGBB's best intentions in mind. Anyway, I told her
I was coming to get them (they were all perfectly normal, despite this GP warning me I'd probably need to take Lolly to a neurosurgeon before we'd even had them done) to take with me to the Osteo.
That was all a bit of a fizzer for her I think. Because then she called and said, "Now, you haven't made an appointment with the Paediatrician have you, remember I told you to come and see me first." By this point, I was thinking nobody would believe me if I even began to tell them about this increasingly bizarre contact from a GP I had no prior relationship with (it's not as if she cared, I can tell she doesn't care, she's just self-important). And I told her firmly, "No, we are going to see Dr Denny Crane next Monday, we've seen him before and I am quite comfortable getting his opinion overall, thank you." She said that was fine. Good for her.
So. A week and a half passes from the time we see the Paed. Who I told her we were seeing. To discuss the normal xrays. She calls yesterday and asks if we've seen the Paed. YESSSS! Fucking yesssss. And stop calling me, you're worse than a telemarketer, lady! I tried - probably in vain - to inform her with a back-off tone that we were quite happy with where things were at present, that Lolly is improving markedly with the osteo treatments and is seeing a physio next week to discuss some exercises to help her realise she can now use her new and improved stretchy bendy not-sore limbs and body to get about. And you know what she says? "Well, I need to ensure you're still doing something....blaaaaaah de blah blah blah." What a nerve. Maybe she thinks I caused Ella's death. Maybe I've been doing something secretly sinister to lose all the pregnancies she saw up on the screen. I don't often think people are ghoulish or misguided about our journey, but goddamn she is creeping me out. Am suspicious of what she's flagged - images of a red sticker with "Watch mother, signs of neglect" are popping into my head.
Seriously, what does a GP think their role is (or this particular one, anyway), d'you think? I merely went there to get a piece of paper from one doctor to another specialised doctor. End of story. I guess I could say I like her dedication. But I have never ever had this much attention from any doctor and I think it is misplaced, certainly not coming from a best-of-intentions place. If she calls again, I will be calling her superior.
Has anyone reading ever been so pursued by their child's GP, who has no prior history with seeing the baby? I know I should be flattered (bwahaha I am kidding) but all I have is the heebie-jeebies. Like one of those Sandra Bullock "I AM NOT CRAZEEEEE!" movies where she loses all her identity and just has mockingly nodding white-coats coming towards her with a needleful of crazy-calm serum.
Talk about jumping through medical hoops. She should be a fucking ring master at a circus.
3 comments:
That is just plain creepy! I would feel it's an 'unhealthy interest' in your child.
She should be a heck of a lot busier with ALL her patients on a day to day basis than calling you so much! Most Dr's avoid phone calls.
I would be switching dr.'s to be honest with you...that would freak me out. lol.
Is that verging on stalking???
My GP that I have had forever (like before I was married, known my kids since they were beans forever) has never called me and believe me, when I was single I wouldn't have minded. ROFL
Well okay maybe once he returned my call but that's it.
So yeah. You've every right to feel creeped out about her.
freeeeeaky shiiit. So she asked you if you had been for x-rays even though she had them right there? Strange things afoot at the Circle GP.
Post a Comment