• This is the most exciting Friday night I've had in a while.
• How can I punish the dog responsible for putting me here?
• How the hell did THAT guy get in and seen and out again within the hour when it's a 2+ hour wait? He don't even look sick, that limp looks fake. WAIT YER TURN, CHUM.
• I think I am destined to spend the rest of my life typing one-handed.
• What constitutes dinner from vending machine buffet? (answer: the oversize cookie, I have it on good authority).
• No one will believe that a JRI (Jazz Related Injury) could have caused me to saunter off to Emergency. But it has. I can do a 13 hour posterior labour and birth with no drugs, yet the dog over-extends my bad wrist and I nearly black out. Go figure.
• What's that light spot on my dark pants (answer: chocolate from VM dinner - I chose the fund raiser choc bar - which you discover after you lick your finger and use it to try and rub the stain in/away and then go to relick absent-mindedly without a second thought as to whether that could have been unwise and thank God you tasted chocolate).
• Why is it that my teeth chatter when I'm in shock?
• I guess this is it now: we've reached the stage where we drive ourselves to hospital if it's necessary (hey if my bud can do it while she's dilating and having contractions, I can sure as hell set the Commondore to smoothe speed and turn the wheel with me good arm).
• What if you were brought in due to a sex-related "accident"? It's not as if you can't hear through the curtains between each bed.
• Ooooh... I hope someone with a sex-related injury comes in so I can be entertained for a while.
• Wonder if they'll give me good strong drugs. And then... DANG! Still breastfeeding *slumps*
CONCLUSION: At that time of night and in my state of pain-induced delirium/hysteria causing bouts of giggles, and after 3 1/2 hours there, the only incentive I need to swing past Macca's for "a shitload of chips and a McChicken burger please" is to be warned to take the (good, working so far) drugs with food.
And yes. I typed this all with one hand - a frustrating minor detail for a 80+ wpm typist.
4 comments:
Darling???!!!! More info please. What.the.hell.happened????
No wonder you haven't replied to my 2nd email. LOL
And here I was thinking you were ignoring me. *sniff*
Glad to hear the drugs are working and hoping good ole Micky D's didn't land you back at the A&E.
I love how when you're in a lot of pain K, you still type with perfect grammar and do not resort to SMS-speak.
geez girl! That's awful. I hope those drugs are well and truely working for you. Thinking of you and sending lots of get well wishes your way. Oh and BTW, just because you can type one handed doesn't mean you SHOULD! LOL Though i do appreciate being kept in the know. But that's not the point!!!
Post a Comment