
This chair was never scary-lookin' to me as a wide-eyed three year old. It was my very own special chair.
I loved it so much I've kept it all these years. And now, the LGBB seems unperturbed by it too . . . although now, I do find the characters quite disturbing. They have very grotesque faces and black noses. What's with all that? Did they get frostbite??
Still, something is appealing and timeless about them obviously, as it continues to enthrall the next generation (or maybe it's just a genetic thing I've passed on). Tell me... are YOU scared of my chair?
The LGBB is so enamoured that she put her feet up on it. Anything that's good or fun or given the Lolly Seal of Approval is deemed thus with the stomping of her feet upon it. Avocado on toast = feet on plate, kicking it. A page-turner of a book (like, say, Five Little Ducks) = foot-stomp-worthy. A kiddy chair with two "Friend" on it? Well, it's very difficult to get your feet up on something when the surface is about half a foot higher than your seated bum. But she did it. For two very precarious seconds (it's a hard position to maintain).
And while I was scrambling for the camera to take a stealthy photo - which I was too slow to get - the LGBB decided she was, in fact, so taken and so comfortable with her new Friend chair that she offered it the ultimate in seals of approval.
She took a dump in its presence.
No comments:
Post a Comment