Did you know that on average, I get a visit from Spain once a month? I know! Totally!
Of course, Ella's site gets far more action and eyes than this humble little blog. And why not, I say. Hell, she has return visitors, which is kind of amazing (to us). So there's no doubting the good work going on there. And good ol' stats tell us who's visiting and when. And where from. China! Lima, Peru! Croatia! Someone from Bahrain even found Ella's pages once. I feel like she's our little worldly traveller... well, I know she is. It's a given. But it's just astounding how much her site has become useful to people. Makes me burst with joy. Such a shame people closer to home (and to us) don't see her place in the world and amongst people. They can't even mention her to us. Still, if I just remember that hundreds of people a month are finding out about her and her journey, then perhaps it won't be so sore to know that the incapability of some others is going to prevent them from knowing us fully. Ever. And I will just continue to let them go with love, because they have no place in my life if she has no obvious, open place in theirs.
Now, my blog isn't nearly as worldly. And I am just a tad dubious about Google's geography skills. For instance, Perth is apparently somewhat further to the west. In the blue ocean. And I know for a fact that there is no Salmat in the middle of South Australia - I used to work there... not in South Australia... I meant at Salmat. But no, Google's map continues to insist that they have an office in the outback.
But yeah. It's kind of annoying when you'd rather Google Maps be more specific.
You know what's more annoying? Having ABBA's "Nina pretty ballerina" stuck in my head. All f*@*!ng morning. Except of course, I'm swapping Nina for (Miss) Mena. Because I can.
No comments:
Post a Comment