There are some times in a maternal life, I've come to realise, when the ability to make a good, loud, satisfying noise (not that, you dirty reader) is so necessary. Like sneezing.
It's long been recognised and agreed by the two sexes that man sneezes have no place around sleeping babies. Anywhere. Not within a 100m radius.
So it was with great pleasure this morning, then, that I felt one of those sudden violent hayfever-season-in-Melbourne induced tickles rise up quickly in my snozz.
"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACHOOOO!!" I made a really good and loud sing-song sneeze.
And from the living room, where one Miss LGBB was enjoying her cereal, I hear her offer sweetly, "BISSSSS!" For since she was born, whenever she sneezes, we've said "Bless!" I don't know why we've left the "you" off "bless you" but we just have. And now, she's saying it.
Last night, the listing agents were over and we were discussing the theatrics required at next week's auction night. The LGBB was still up, crawling around and generally amusing herself (but hankering for a glance her way at every opportunity, mind). When Mick, the agent, made a funny and laughed heartily - at himself, so we joined in, cos yeah it was kinda funny - Lolly was sat behind him and she starts guffawing over-animatedly.
I reminded her that we had requested in the past that she doesn't embarrass house guests by patronising them.
1 comment:
That's soooo cute!
Post a Comment