Well, T- one more sleep and counting. The auction is tomorrow night.
I'm ... meh ... either way about it now. Although mind you, I say that as I sit here hoping I catch some sleep without tossing and turning too much tonight.
All I am visualising right now is lashings of new wall colours. We're planning on creating several inviting, rich spaces. There's pear colours involved. And putty. And perhaps a bit of coffee. The dark roast kind (you knew there had to be).
I'm also really looking forward to the walking/bike track exercise opportunities. We took a walk around there last night and were half way to the library before we even noticed. So that will be a breeze - on cooler days, that is. Here, where we are now, I feel like half a dozen houses are watching me as I shift my sizeable rear end up the hill. It's always been a tad unfair that to get out of our front door and go anywhere, you can only go in one direction: up. A short and not too sharp little hill. But a hill nonetheless, an unavoidable one. With any kind of *cough*babyweightandastackofitstill*cough* to get off, I don't often feel like parading up the street, "Hellooooo, here I am, off to kid myself that a short walk will make a difference."
Of course, it would. And I wouldn't feel quite so sluggish if I did get the chance to get out there every day. But I've let it - and me bum - slide for now. We're moving to within ten minutes' walking distance of the local hut-hut-hut torture stairs (right up the vertical face of a steep hill) which every local fitness buff or wannabe knows about. So I figure, I'll go and get all Jillian and Bob on my own ass. There's time enough for all that.
Right now, I'm juggling ensuring the LGBB gets through her latest "stage" (it's a bit of incisors meets gums meets mental growth spurt meets humid hot weather and it's all timed perfectly). Whatever happens tomorrow night, we'll always have our budding accountant to secure our little nest egg. The LGBB started counting today. To five. Like this:
*purposeful pointed deliberate and slow finger, pointing to anything it makes contact with*
"Teaow (2)" *carpet*
"Teaow" *Scraps the dog*
"Teaow" *her drink cup*
"Teaow" *Scraps again*
"Teaow!!" *ta da! Her own leg*
Hey, I just think she's great because she counted to five - or so I assume because she pointed to five things. She could have meant to count to ten. Hmmm. Will have to check her out on that.
No comments:
Post a Comment