Tuesday, November 13, 2007

OOOOH!

Less than a week to go.

Yes, I waited til after 7pm to post this.

This time next week, we'll be sat up the front of the auction room like two nervous parents giving away their baby on her wedding day. I'll be the one sitting in a puddle of her own wee. Kelly Pritchard did a wee in her chair in grade prep and I will always remember her. For that alone. It pooled in the bottom of that plastic chair (ever so comfy, weren't they, unless you rocked on them too hard and they split and you caught your back skin in the tear of the plastic, yowzers) and Miss Rowe asked her politely if she needed a change of pants from the Lost Property box.

What worse a fate could there be for a pair of pants? You've lost your owner? (somehow... I mean, really, who loses their pants at SCHOOL?) No, it could be worse. You could be allocated to the kid who can't hold her water. Yep. That'd be worse.

But enough about Kelly (the other thing I remember about her is that she couldn't get my name right.... not even in grade 6. She was still calling me Killery).

I said enough.

I'm so excited to get into the new place. I can picture the finished product in my mind - I have paint colours chosen. Want to quizz me? Think I'm joking? It's Hot Mama, Barberalla (yes, that's the dubious spelling) and Ice Fairy for the LGBB's room - priority #1.... do you think that's a bit of a hotch potch of things for her to live up to? Hmm. But the colours do look so pretty together.

I just want the keys. GIMME THE KEYS!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

*wheeeze* See, when I first got to know you Killery, you mentioned Kelly pissing on the plastic chair except you said it was mustard. And now every time *I* see a mustard chair I think of Kelly. Who I don't know and probably never will.