Thursday, November 15, 2007

There's a few things I don't get

Why are they saying "after all this time, finally Rove has found new love"?

Look, far be it from me to understand or know what goes on when a partner passes away tragically early (especially when you knew it was inevitable), but it's this kind of sloppy gossip that really gets me riled. The guy kissed goodbye his beloved wife, what, a year ago (just)? If you ask me, it seems a tad soon that he is stepping out publicly with a new love.

Not that I'm not glad. He's so young. And he's seemed so much harder or ... I dunno ... flatter or something this year. Mind you, I imagine you would be, especially being a comedian grieving in the public eye. My hat goes off to him. But, yeah, I think the mag's have a lot to answer for, saying "finally" he's found love again. That's just ridiculous.

Ok, so the other thing I don't get:

How does the LGBB's head always connect with the coffee table? HOW?? Does anyone know? Is there something in babies' noggins that makes them inexplicably drawn to heavy wooden objects?

Honestly, she could be on the other side of the room nowhere near the table, then in one deft sitting-up manouver from the floor, bang. She's hit her head. There's a very impressive tri-bruise going on on her forehead at the moment. Goes fittingly with the cradle cap flecks that have decided to start marching off her scalp of their own accord, finally, and the little blood nick she did to herself in her sleep in the corner of her eye.

1 comment:

cjtato said...

OMG! CJ and I were talking about this the other day and when the "appropriate" time frame would be for him to let someone move in with him.

I have to say, I agree with you. I'm thinking that a year is too soon. Not to necessarily have a companion but for said companion to move in. I'm thinking too soon.

Oh and I gotta say. How many people would like to draw reference that she looks like his wife? I mean, FFS, she doesn't "look" like her but I'm guessing Rove is no different to anyone else when they go for a certain type IYKWIM?

So glad you've written about it anyway. That was my out for the day! (possibly could have done that on my own blog had I had a second to scratch myself) ROFL

Can't help you on the coffee table thing. But, yes, there is some kind of magnetism between kids heads and anything hard.