Friday, November 30, 2007

No shirt, no shoes... no read

Hey guys, ladies, friends, avid readers, mystery lurkers,

The time has come for a change. I've moved this bloggernaut once before and I'm about to do it again.

This time, the fun won't stop *withered look* No, actually, that's very unrealistic of me to set that kind of high bar for myself. No, more's the point, I had a very eventful past 24 hours. And I'm not meaning for it to sound like it was anything about me. But rather, what I have witnessed, experienced and gone through alongside someone I hold very dear has made me realise: it's time for a very big change. I'm not instigating it, it's already begun. But I do have to shift some things in the physical for things to keep unfolding and moving forward.

I haven't seen so clearly since the day Ella died (and ensuing months) how very selfish we/people can be. We get caught up in trivialities and daily bickering and ... just bullshit! Wake up and stop thinking of yourself and your perceived grievances!! Are they really that important that you want to waste your energy and time and life on them??

I regret and am ashamed to say, I lost that feeling. The one that lifted me (and Steve) up and out of the gunk you see and hear on a daily basis. The pettiness of our society. Gradually, it slipped away from me though as I joined back in with the mainstream of society. The "me me me", "more more more" sect. Well ok, to be fair to myself, not quite as much as I did before - actually, possibly I have been stuck somewhere between these two realities and that as much as anything is probably contributing to my uneasiness with caving to "popular opinion", etc. etc.

But I've been given a very hefty shake by the hands of the universe overnight and spent most of the night up and working with someone because of it. That Ella! Dooooh, she is a hard task master. But oh so beautiful. And I have a renewed reminder of all that is important. And it is NOT what we think it is half the time. It's not whether our eggs are over-easy or our toast is too brown or our homes are not neat "enough", whether he is talking to her or she to him or them to everybody. Just stop hounding and debating and move it along!

So! I digress.

It's time to make this blog private. Give it an overhaul. Stop writing like someone's reading over my shoulder. And really start getting honest, as time and energy permits. The book needs it, my writing needs it, this has become my "journal" and there are things I have to write out, get down, document and timeline that I have simply either hesitated or abstained from doing due to awareness of the potential global audience. This is not being responsible and as I get more and more called in to service (gawd, I don't even fully know what that means, but that it is happening), I can't be flippant about it anymore. At least if I have a known audience, the one that's been with me and behind me since I started this cyber part of the journey in 2005, I will be sure I have done what I needed to do to shut most of the distraction out.

Here's the deal: you will need to send me your email address if you want to keep reading my blog.
Now, sure, anybody reading is welcome to do this! Your emails won't be sent on to some marketing scam, there's no catch, promise *nothing up this sleeve, nothing in my hat* I just need your addy to activate an invitation for you to read and Voilé! The drivel shall continue to unfold magically.

I am also moving blog addresses, which means this one won't even be here for much longer. I'm ever so sorry to make it all a bit elusive but anyone with an online community knows sometimes these things must be done - so get me your addresses quickly. I really must keep pressing on with the new one.

Spit spot! Shine your shoes, comb your hair, scrub your cheeks!

Send an email to me here with your email address:
blogger.blogparty2 (at) gmail.com

Or you can use any of my usual private email addies if you have one of those. Catch you on the flipside, friends. This is Blogdiddly's last post.

2 comments:

Me said...

Well I've got clean undies on, does that count?

Have emailed you :)

cjtato said...

Waaaah! I love this little ole blog.

But oooooh! How exciting a newer, dare I say juicier blog perhaps. LOL

Can't wait to see your new cyber home. Cya there!