Thursday, November 08, 2007

To the Clever Cookies

See, that's why you read me. We're so alike. Okay, maybe not on the sending away for chicken feet slippers competition thing. But on the drafting houses thing... we are! Dorks unite!

I am a fan of carpet. I love carpet! Just not in my high traffic areas. Think a mixture of floorboards in kitchen and carpet in bedrooms and living areas, with non-slip tiles - you know, the rough surface kind, not the high gloss kind - in the wet areas, ought to work out okay. I've never had real-life floorboards, only in rental places (where I didn't really care about their upkeep apart from running a vacuum over them *gasp*).

There is a toilet in the laundry. The house has three toilies. Toily Central. Now initially, I was contemplating seriously not having the one down the back of the house. But now I see, it has to stay. To complete the bathroom setup, it has to stay. And the laundry conundrum. As I swanned about our current palatial laundry (okay, so it's a 2-be-four number but that's swingin' in comparison to a cupboard) and swivelled the whinnying clothes horse into one sunny corner of it, I really wondered how I would go without one entirely. And now I'm certain that if I don't include it, I will be haunted by Kea's sobre warnings....

You had me at "separate the bedrooms". Wondrous things can be done with wall insulation these days. My pet gripe about bathroom close to bedrooms is outweighed by the scary night time dash to the toilet. I don't want any kiddy of mine, or visiting kiddy friends of theirs, to be scared of their house at night, as much as I can help it. My father has similarly echoed these sentiments too. So that's settled. Back to the drawing board on that option too.

Hmmm, so, plans to draw (again), more people to see. Shall have to think about this further. And appreciate all the things brought up so far. Keep 'em coming, any and all! Thanks.

1 comment:

cjtato said...

Can't wait to see the plans.

How exciting.

If I wasn't so bloody tired I'd be jumping up and down clapping my hands all dorky like! ROFL