Friday, September 14, 2007

Don pom-poms

You would be forgiven for thinking Don pom-poms is the new head of The Family.

But no! I am asking you to don your pom-poms.

See, I have become rather hopelessly lost in my book. One of the strangest things (though shouldn't be so surprising, really) about stopping the breastfeeding is my lift in mood. Oh. My. GOD! Who knew? WHO KNEW those little pesky hormones were just so powerful? I'm not out of the woods yet - sorreeeee, Stevie if you're reading - but I'm certainly on my way back to My Brand of Normal.

So. I'm sifting through these chapters, which are not chapters so much as themes (and which will be reshuffled, which is the process I am currently going through), and I'm getting more and more clear about how I need it to look, how it's going to pan out in the first real proper draft.

But why is it that at the point of being the closest I've been to seeing the big picture, it feels so much further away despite all the work I've already done?

I'm also looking at a lot of it now - interestingly, quite a lot of the stuff I've written/transcribed this year, since my wrist went AWOL - and thinking "Man, nup, don't need that. Or that. Ewww definitely don't think that's got anything to do with what I need to say" and I really do believe it's because I've sort of discovered the purpose of the book and at the same time had this lift in mood because of the waning hormones.

But oh dear, so incredibly.... what's the word? Taxing? Mmmm nah it's not taxing on me anymore. I am actually full of energy about it at the moment (this week, today), but it's bloody difficult to keep the momentum and focus up on the level I need so I can keep going. First I have to sort everything into chronological order. Think I am going to have to get a printout of the entire lot (oooh! I know where there's one already done! Hmmmmm may have to make a trip to collect, to save on the trees 'n all that) and just sit one weekend with it all spread out before me on the floor. Oh, won't the LGBB loooove that.

So, yes, that's it. It's encouragement to keep up the momentum that I need.

Need some rah-rah's. Please? *meekly paws at screen*

1 comment:

cjtato said...

Okay, so I'm thinking I don't look great in a cheerleaders outfit these days but I'll give you a rah-rah!!!

You go girl. You're on the home stretch. YOU. CAN. DO. IT!!!

So glad to hear that there is an "upside" (for want of a better word) to the stopping of b/fing Miss LGBB.

Give me a "K"....