Saturday, September 22, 2007

Is this clever?

I seriously have no idea, but I found this fascinating.

Today, Steve called me in and said, "Watch this." He proceeded to ask the LGBB where his watch was. She (this is the unremarkable bit) pulled his watch from the couch where he had placed it and then (this is the bit I found gobsmacking) placed it over her wrist and hung it there. Over and over, she took it off and put it back on - not doing it up, mind, just draping it over her wrist.

I think it may have been the incredibly, almost grown-up, way she let it hang there, holding her forearm as if she were swanning about with a fancy handbag. Even her facial expression was mock-nonchalant.

Unnerved, I was! She just suddenly.... grew up. Are they supposed to do stuff like this at 14 months?? I honestly have no clue.

So is this:
A) cute but unremarkable
B) MENSA-inspired
C) something every kid you've ever heard of has done by the time they're 10 months; or
D) none of the above and just a blaring warning for her mother to get over herself?

Discuss.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

E) One of those priceless moments in parenthood that you should soak up and enjoy :)