Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Windmills of my mind

What does that even mean, that line? It's as bad as "blowin through the jasmine in my mind". I don't know about you, but I ain't got no jasmine (or windmills) blowing through my mind. Tornados, maybe. Tumbleweeds, often. But no fancy shit.

Now. To the reason why I was blogging today.

I'm going through the past history part of the book. For what it's worth. It may remain, in whole or part, or it could totally go and be cut off, if I am to begin the story somewhere closer to having Ella. Point is, all the tripping through how I used to feel and how Steve and I used to be together is contrasting coolly with the status quo of present time.

There is no fast-tracking "back" to happiness. It simply can't be done. And no, I wouldn't want to. But there is a despairing about lost innocence within our relationship that I can't deny. It gets me down. We've seen too much and experienced too much to ever hope to get back to where we were, but I can't seem to properly accept where we are now either. It feels like settling for less to me, when we have so much experience that it should be bloody easy to stop freaking at the little things with each other.

Work to do, people to see.

No comments: