Male reader(s), look away now...
I am talking, ladies, about the bust minimiser bra. Call me clueless and out of touch, but I had no idea such a thing existing in your mainstream, everyday dime-a-dozen store - Triumph brand, no less - and was something that wasn't going to cost me an arm, leg and sobering fitting room experience with an older lady looking over her bifocals at me and making comment about how my baby fat* isn't technically baby fat after my baby isn't a baby anymore.
Decided to go and get me some new braziers to hold the boosies in place last week. What do I expect I will opt for? Oh, just another tshirt bra, probably poorly fitted but somehow still comfortable. Sick of feeling like I am walking with a stack of pillows around my chest and underarms. But equally accepting that this was from breastfeeding. So now that breastfeeding is behind me (oh yes, I must divulge about the split decision in a separate post), for over a week now, I figured it was time to retire the almost two-year-old maternity numbers - for this is how suddenly hormones affect my bust; apparently they are my own personal barometric devices, requiring reinforcements early on - and go for broke on a few newies.
Can I just say, on the advice of a cute li'l dumpling I found rummaging around zealously amongst her clothing racks, sorting and sifting, checking and tagging, I was so hopeful as I took in the bras on her self-proclaimed must-have list and tried them on, LGBB in tow. I was nervous that when the LGBB saw Harry and Larry (they don't have names, but for want of two better ones...) she'd think lunch was served, but she only did a double take and kept bopping in her trolley to the instore music. Good start.
Tried on the first one. God, it looked putrid. Lolly thought it was hilarious. I tended to agree. But, as it was so very different to any bra I'd ever tried on, I gave it the benefit of the doubt and shoved my top back over to see if it minimised, as it so eagerly exclaimed on its tag. SHIT! I have a waist! I also had two attentive-looking little numbers stuffed under there, as opposed to my now signature chesty-rack of heftiness. Couldn't believe the shape. Oprah's bra expert was right.
I dunno what helped me remember, but my life (and my wardrobe) changed the day I asked "Which way to the bras that will help me with .... THESE??"
*Ie. fat resulting from a baby as opposed to puppy a.k.a. baby fat I only just lost before ttc so the two fats have sorta blended into one big ... fat
1 comment:
Really? They are that good? I have never even tried one on, I always bypass them, try on everything else and walk out with nothing. Last bras I bought I revert to my trusty Berlei Ultimate Sports. Gotta contain the E's somehow. You've tempted me to try the minimizers next time.
Post a Comment